Chuck Carpenter brings years of diverse professional experience to the executive directorship of MHCO. From his multiple degrees in Economics and Political Science to his tenure as a United States Naval Officer, Chuck is eminently qualified to serve MHCO’s members as a political advocate working in the their best interests.
Chuck served two terms in the Oregon House and over the past 20 years has proven to be a tireless ally to the state’s small business owners.
In his fifteen years as the Executive Director of MHCO, Chuck has successfully applied his knowledge of the players and the politics in Salem to influence legislation for the benefit of MHCO's membership.
- Graduate University of Rochester, Rochester NY, BA Economics, BA Political Science, 1985
- United States Naval Officer - Surface Warfare Office, 1985-1991
- Elected to the Oregon House of Representatives, 1994
- Served two terms in the Oregon House representing Beaverton, Cedar Hills, Cedar Mills, Sauvie Island, 1995-1999
- Executive Director, Manufactured Housing Communities of Oregon, 1999 - present
- Negotiated on behalf of community owners in eight Landlord-Tenant Coalition Omnibus Bills
- Involved in the operations of the Oregon Legislature for the past 20 years
- President of the Oregon Small Business Coalition, 2012-2014